12 Offsite Optimization Techniques You Can Do
Search engine optimization is an ever changing strategy and what you implement today might be out-of-date when you wake up tomorrow. So unless you build a solid SEO foundation, you’ll find your website below the drain when Google decides to shift its algorithm.
As an Orange County SEO company, it is a must that whatever onsite optimization you do, you should implement similar offsite techniques to stay afloat in the ranking pages. Here are a few offsite optimization techniques you can do:
- Online presence. Build a strong online presence on social platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Google+, and Twitter. In doing so, you can get connected to people, groups or communities which can promote your company and share your content with others.
- Blogging. Write unique and relevant blogs and make sure to distribute it on blog directory sites, social bookmarking, social sharing, and other blog search engines. Commenting on do-follow blogs can also boost your credit on search engines. However, it has been found that sharing blogs with no-follow links but has strong social signals can also help your ranking.
- Directory submission. Be efficient in choosing the right category when you submit your link on directory sites like Yahoo Directory, One Mission, ZoomInfo, etc.
- Social Bookmarking. Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc. are popular social bookmarking sites you can submit your content to. Be active in these bookmarking sites because your site traffic depends on your participation level on these websites.
- Photo-sharing. Make your published website photos public on Picasa, Flickr, Photo Bucket, etc. that way your friends engage in these images as it will help drive traffic to your site.
- Video submission. Publish your video like your product video, testimonial, explainer video on YouTube.
- Business Reviews. Ask your customers and friends to write a review on Yelp, Stylefeeder, etc. for your business.
- Go Local. Google Maps, Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages, etc. can help search engines view your website quickly as the competition is not that fierce compared to going global.
- Press Release Submission. Submit press releases for your product or service on press release sites as this is an easy way for your website to get noticed in Google News.
- Social Shopping Network for E-commerce Sites. You can submit your product for free advertising and branding on sites like Five Limes, Buzz South, Kaboodle, etc.
- Forums. Start, participate or share topics that you can discuss with friends or comment on do-follow forums which allow crawlable links in your signature.
- PPC. When all else fail, start an AdWord campaign with your target keywords. You just have to spend money to gain the traffic and ranking that you want to achieve.
Moderation is key to the optimization that you do. You don’t want search engines to label your site as spam. For other offsite optimization techniques to boost your ranking, get help from an SEO company Orange County like Drive Traffic Media.