Aside from the fact that SEO helps you position your website properly in the most critical points, SEO Orange County‘s primary purpose is to create a great, seamless user experience and at the same time convey your points to the search engines, so they recommend your site for relevant searches.
What are the criteria for website ranking?
Remember that your website is like a cake. Links, paid search advertising, as well as social media accounts serve as icing and decorations to the cake while the content is the infrastructure. Search engines are doing their jobs as best as possible by pointing users to the “best cake” i.e. websites and content that have the most relevant information to what users are looking for.
Other factors that help determine a website’s ranking are great content to link to other websites as a reference, texts on page and titles or descriptions. The speed of your website, its navigation, its look, its bounce rate or whether it is safe for users to use or not also play roles on the overall site ranking.
Search engines have a particular amount of data storage, so if you’re performing dubious tactics or trying to trick them, you’re going to hurt yourself in the long run.
Items that the search engines consider when ranking are as follows:
- Keyword Stuffing or overuse of keywords on your pages.
- Purchased Link. Buying links will get you nowhere when it comes to SEO, so be prepared.
- Poor User Experience. Make sure that website is easy for the user as well as to search engines to navigate. Too many ads will make it too difficult for people to find the content they want.
- If you have a way to know your bounce rate, it will help discover other information about your site. If it is 80 percent or higher, then you either don’t have enough content, or the current ones are irrelevant. The former being an indication that something is wrong.
- Make sure to optimize for the desktop experience but also focus on mobile and tablet optimization as well as other media.
- Be wary of duplicate content because if Google finds two identical pieces of content, whether on your site or another, it will only index one of those pages, and yours might be labeled the unoriginal.
- Find out what your opponent is doing for SEO. Keep an eye on your competitors. Find out what keywords they optimize their websites for and monitor their rankings on a daily basis.
- Establish your objectives in advance so you can measure your ROI easily.
Admittedly, ranking does not depend only on the above-mentioned factors. However, good SEO Orange County habits and practices wouldn’t go unrewarded. Call us at 1(888) 375-3058 for other tips!